Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jambaar lanu!

Tomorrow morning I will be meeting 5 of my friends to enjoy one massive lunch at our favorite chicken restaurant before the walk (see last year's post for pictures). I had originally planned on keeping the trek to 3 people, but some of my realy good friends were adamant about going, so I couldn't cut them out. We have a great beach house rented out in M'Boro and should have about 20-25 people for our party there. All in all, I'm very excited. It's going to be hot, really hot (last few days have gotten to about 110 towards midday...), but with 5 good friends, I'm sure the time will pass pretty quickly.

Just wanted to show everyone what I've been working on this past week. On Tuesday, we sent out yet another container of baskets, and will be doing so again in late May. Unlike the last order, we chose to fill the container right on the national highway that leads to the main village, Diama Thiendou. Not much else to say, but wanted to post some pictures of the event. First picture is what counting thousands of baskets looks like, and the second is my nearest neighbor Christine posing in front of the container as it gets filled up. Hope all is well back home, and I will make a post about our walk sometime next week when I get back! Ba ci kanaam!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I didn't see one tree on that map. In that heat......
have fun, be careful, and may Sunday morning on the beach be your most perfect birthday ever!! Bon Anniversaire from all of us in Austin!!
Bisous, Maman