Sunday, September 21, 2008

Popenguine and back to Tassette


Hey all,

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm enjoying the luxury of the internet before we got out of contact for 9-10 days. Most of us have spent the weekend drinking Gazelles/Flags at local bars and telling stories of our home stay families and villages. Tomorrow morning the SED volunteers in our group (myself included) will take a field trip to Popenguine beach to see what Eco-Tourism is like here in Senegal. The area is supposed to be quite beautiful so I will be sure to take some pictures. Upon returning to Thies in the early afternoon, we'll load up and drive off to our home stays again. Once in Tassette, we'll be going full speed with the Wolof and cultural integration. Thus, I will clearly not have internet for the next 10 days so contact me by phone if you want to hear from me. I'll post pictures of my family and village when I get back, but here is a picture of Thies for you all. Pictures take a REALLY long time to upload here so I may notbe able to add more than one or two images at a time for a while. A plus tard!

2 comments:

BigD1585 said...

Ollie,

I hope you are having an amazing time! I know fish and rice can get old, so let me know how I can send you some good American fatty snacks! I also wanted you to know that I am wrecking shop in club tennis right now, it is a lot of fun for me, but extremely easy. Have a good time, and learn as much as you can, and I'll keep reading your blog!

Unknown said...

You made me feel very nostalgic for my 9 years in Velingara. Would any of your Pulaar-speaking friends like free copies of a paper in Pulaar? See http://soon.org.uk/fulani/free-papers.php

We mail them free of charge if specifically requested.

Thanks, Jane